Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall is HERE!

It's that time again.  Cleaning out the stash, planning the sewing and knitting, getting my act together for another season.  Oh, do you Pinterest?  I'm big into this now for sewing/home dec/cooking inspiration.  http://pinterest.com/okie2thdoctor/feed.rss  Check me out:)

First it starts with the magazines.  What is going to on trend this year?
  1. Scarves- they are in again but include silks, velvets and cottons.  It's not only about the knitting.
  2. Long skirts- gored, godets, flowing.  This is a rather touchy subject for someone as short as I am.
  3. Peasant tops- gathered sleeves, wide necklines
  4. Boots, boots, boots- all types
  5. Kitten heels- love these shoes and still have some from when they were in vogue years past.
  6. Bright colors- does this remind of the '80s?  
  7. Lace and layering- lace over or under as a top/jacket or cami
  8. Ponchos/capes- I personally think this is going to be bigger next year but what do I know.  
Plans:

Photo Bergere de France, poncho 119.921



Cascade.com- shade 8013
Knitting this poncho in Cascade 220.   I know bright colors are on trend but staples are always necessary.  Add a bright handbag to make it pop.
MustHaveBag.com (Tano)
Boots- Frye
Frye Boots- Jane (Photo Shoes.com)
 Sewing plans:

Vogue 8751 pants
From Vogue.com


Fabric from Fashion Fabrics.com
Olive Green wool tricotine suiting
Taupe wool suiting


Wool/silk suiting
Camel wool suiting
(Is it obvious I need pants?  Being in the field I am, skirts aren't really conducive to work in and dresses are really only for going out.  Since we've cut back financially, it's not necessary to sew going-out clothes.)

Next, come the tops.  Jalie has just come out with a new pattern- LOVE it!!!
http://www.jalie.com/jalie3130-womens-shirt-sewing-pattern.html
I'm thinking about a sateen shirting in the royal blue (again from Fashionfabrics.com)
 

Speaking of new patterns, I've been doing Fusion Fitness and now need some cool tops.  This one spoke to me right off the bat.  Being that I've never had kids, the nursing portion isn't necessary but I do like that she has that option for those who need it.

http://www.jalie.com/jalie3131-nursing-bra-camisole-sewing-pattern.html

This is a good start to fall.  Now it's time to clear out the closet of things I haven't worn in years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment