First it starts with the magazines. What is going to on trend this year?
- Scarves- they are in again but include silks, velvets and cottons. It's not only about the knitting.
- Long skirts- gored, godets, flowing. This is a rather touchy subject for someone as short as I am.
- Peasant tops- gathered sleeves, wide necklines
- Boots, boots, boots- all types
- Kitten heels- love these shoes and still have some from when they were in vogue years past.
- Bright colors- does this remind of the '80s?
- Lace and layering- lace over or under as a top/jacket or cami
- Ponchos/capes- I personally think this is going to be bigger next year but what do I know.
|Photo Bergere de France, poncho 119.921|
|Cascade.com- shade 8013|
|Frye Boots- Jane (Photo Shoes.com)|
Vogue 8751 pants
Fabric from Fashion Fabrics.com
|Olive Green wool tricotine suiting|
|Taupe wool suiting|
|Camel wool suiting|
Next, come the tops. Jalie has just come out with a new pattern- LOVE it!!!
I'm thinking about a sateen shirting in the royal blue (again from Fashionfabrics.com)
Speaking of new patterns, I've been doing Fusion Fitness and now need some cool tops. This one spoke to me right off the bat. Being that I've never had kids, the nursing portion isn't necessary but I do like that she has that option for those who need it.
This is a good start to fall. Now it's time to clear out the closet of things I haven't worn in years.