Saturday, July 18, 2009

Jalie Faux Wrap Top


(copied from review on PR but extra photos and details added here)

Fabric: Polyester Knit with metallic thread
Pattern Description: Women's knit tops with forward shoulder seam, banded surplice neckline, sleeveless or with 3/4 sleeve.View A has a
neckband that goes all around and View B has a mandarin collar and banded front neckline.

Pattern Sizing:2-32 Children's-Misses

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes except for my modifications.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't look at them- this pattern is intuitive.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Simple and fits well.

Fabric Used:Polyester knit with a silver thread.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: To finish off the front cross-over and the armholes, I used stretch piping from Zoelees Fabric.


Since it is sheer, I used Illusion to line the front sections only.




Inside- I added bias tape to finish the back neck edge and shoulder seams so they wouldn't stretch.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I've already planned my next top from this pattern.

Conclusion: Great pattern and a fun going-out top. I can't wait to get a good tan and wear this with a pair of white pants for summer. Love this pattern- great for beginners and those wanting to expand their creativity.

More pattern info:
This is where I stretched the front segments and added the piping.






The piping on the armhole is stretched less than the front and crossed over to finish. The seam is serged and topstitched. I stretched it to topstitch to prevent popped stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment