Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sewing like a mad woman.

My Juki went to the shop.  After breaking a needle it had a funny sound so I packed her up.  Meanwhile, I got lots of patterns and fabrics to make up when she came back home from the doctor.

Here are a few.

Vogue 8574


I'm making it out of a knit or Challis, possibly from Vogue Fabrics
Jersey Knit
 Challis

Joann Fabric had a sale today on Vogue and Butterick patterns.  No Vogue this go-around but found a few Butterick.  Wish all the ones I wanted were available.  I'm starting the transition into fall so most of the colors are darker but still lightweight enough to wear for August and September weather.

First, B5643
The plan is make this dress in a nice dark red knit with the little jacket.  I think I'll belt it as well.

Next, B5489

I've got a purple knit planned for this one.  It looks comfortable but can be dressed up with the right accessories and shoes.

Another one, B5456

This one is going to be made with a red knit and yellow and red print challis.  Darn it if it didn't say dry clean.  So, who washed it before she realized it?  We'll see if it is a hot mess when it dries...  This pattern looks like it will need some modification; namely, a belt or tie.  I might lower the neckline as well to make it a little less dowdy for my taste.  Since I've got DDs, a high neckline isn't good but neither is too much cleavage.

B5642
Although I don't have any plans for this one, I loved the pattern.  I can see it in a black knit with contrast binding and modesty panel.  This could be the perfect dress for a daytime wedding this fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment