Thursday, November 22, 2012

Sewing, knitting, Burda and Jalie

It's been a while.  What a tumultuous fall- I'll spare you all the details but hopefully things are settling down to allow a little sewing, knitting and cooking.

Here are some plans.  (I'll be better about posting how things are going on these patterns here in the blog.)

Vogue 8825- tunic and dress (photo from Voguepatterns.com)
The tunic would be great with leggings and boots.  The dress, a little shorter, would be good for our Christmas party.  I've got some Missoni-isc knit I may try for this.  If not, my stash has plenty of good knits that will work.


Vogue 8831 (photo from Voguepatterns.com)

This pattern has different options for the sleeves and hem.  Although an asymmetrical hem is all the rage right now, it screams "dated" to me.  So, I'll be doing a straight hem.  The sleeves can be cap, 3/4 or long.  Cap sleeves are cute but not practical in the winter.  This will be a definite Spring top in a yellow but right now, it is going to be 3/4 length sleeves.   OT: Don't you hate when your sleeves get dirty around your hands? I love the look of fingerless gloves but mine would be constantly dirty.  Grosses me out...

Back to the topic at hand-

I've taken up kickboxing and would like some more workout pants.  These can be so expensive in the stores.  Jalie has a great yoga pants pattern that I'm going to try.  These are almost identical to the high end pants.  I like the idea of the top but would want to lengthen it until the abs become rock solid;)

Jalie 3022



On the needles:

I don't know if you can tell, I'm totally loving the big sleeve look right now.  Very bohemian.  This design is by Heather Dixon.  It's called Pumpkin Pie.

Pumpkin Pie (photo slurped from Ravelry, Heather Dixon design)

I'm about half way across.  It's made with large needles so knitting is going super fast.  I've decided to make it in Cascade 220, colorway gray.
(photo slurped from Yarn.com)

This has been put on hold until I finish a test knit for Heather.  She's got a great Winter collection coming up and it promises to keep me busy.  I'll share more as I can.  What I can tell you is I'm using Madelinetosh yarn, DK weight in colorway Geode.  It's becoming something really pretty.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving!  Off to knit and sew this long weekend.  Look for more posts on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment