Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dreaming of Summer

It's cold and snowy here but at Joann's it's sunny and warm.  I landed a couple of patterns that make me dream of summer.
 McCalls 6700

Vogue 1329

The McCalls dress recommends knit fabric.  Lots of options with regards to length.  The back has a cute little tie.

Vogue has been reviewed by Erica B. on Patternreview.  She made hers in Ponte.  I like that idea.  Calvin Klein had a similar dress.  You can't go wrong with Calvin.

To satisfy the immediate need of clothing, because winter is still going, I found a shirtdress pattern.

McCalls 6600

It's got 8" of ease.  This makes it look much more coat-like to me.  I will be cutting that down.  The photo looks like sateen but it has charmeuse recommended as the fabric to use.  Something shirt weight would probably fall nicely.

My 2013 resolution is to include more details and finished photos.  I've been remiss.

Happy New Year everyone!  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment