Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm going to go broke sewing for other people's children and I LOVE IT!

McCall 5720 is my newest venture. I got side tracked from the frog when I didn't add seam allowances. My OCD-ism set in so I got started on something that was brainless for me.

Lance and I went over to a couples house and they have 2 young girls. During dinner we were talking about cooking and both the girls piped up and said how they liked to cook with their parents in the kitchen. So, being a sewist that I am, I took it upon myself to make them matching aprons. Nothing fancy but I'm thinking they are going to enjoy them for a while. Here's a picture in progress...


I made the apron adjustable so the girls could grow into them. I tried them on and the current pattern is very long. The tie at the top would not have allowed the girls coverage for their clothes.


I had an issue with the buttonholer when I did this one- drat. I tried to fix it but it wouldn't fix properly. Hopefully the child will overlook this area;)



This is a view of the finished apron. I omitted the ruffle on the bottom.




The apron has coordinating ribbon on the pockets and along the outer portion of the apron.








How can you go wrong with cupcakes? One of the little girls has a HUGE sweet tooth; given the opportunity, she would probably eat sweets for every meal. She does this only to add to her sweetness! She's a handful but I love seeing her spunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment