Thursday, November 12, 2009

Preparing to Dye


PICT2095
Originally uploaded by a2thstudent




Good thing I know how to spell, the title could be disasterous.  (I don't exaggerate EVER!)  I've decided to take my mauve (it looks really pink up there but it's mauve) wool and dye it a deep blue.  This I'm going to swatch test since I don't want some odd version of purple.  A dark blueish-purple would be ok- I guess.  I'm using Dylon shade "Ocean Blue".   http://www.dylon.co.uk/colours.html

It's a great piece of fabric but it's stuck in the 80s.  I hope this works.  Although, I just realized the blue isn't that deep of a blue so I might end up with some sort of violet.  This could be disgusting...

I'll post photos of the progress.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, I have dyed rayon lace before and I know that you really have to go into it with an open mind about what color you want. Let me know how it turns out, I have a piece of silk burn out that I want to dye. Please, keep us u to date about you progress and your steps.

    ReplyDelete