Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another item this weekend

Ahh, it's been a nice weekend to sew and get a few things done.  I've been holding this project since July of this year and now it's done.  For a friend's son I've made a lightweight jacket (yeah, I know it's cold now- oops) from Ottobre 4/2010 issue, item # 18 Naava.

Photos from Ottobredesign.com

It's made from corduroy and a nice cotton flannel lining.  The jacket is interlined with fusible fleece.  To limit the bulk I omitted the fleece from the sleeves.  The buttonholes are large for the buttons so he can button it himself as he learns.  It does ask for a snap but I haven't added that yet.

These are the first welt pockets I've made in probably 20 years.  They need a little improvement but overall, they are nice.  I don't think he'll ever use them but they do look nice.  I'd like to think it looks a little Ralph Lauren.

I know I've said it before but it's a good thing (for my pocketbook) that I don't have kids:)

Here are a few photos of the jacket.

Dark brown with a blue plaid corduroy.  This is a view of the outer jacket side.

Ok, the plaid doesn't match up.  Darn it.  Hope the little boy doesn't notice;)

Back view of the jacket.  
Fortunately he'll be wearing so I don't see the plaid issue.  Argh!  Plaid...


Next come the PJs that I started last year.  The plan was to have them done for Christmas last year.  Maybe it will happen that I finish them this year:)

No comments:

Post a Comment