It's made from corduroy and a nice cotton flannel lining. The jacket is interlined with fusible fleece. To limit the bulk I omitted the fleece from the sleeves. The buttonholes are large for the buttons so he can button it himself as he learns. It does ask for a snap but I haven't added that yet.
These are the first welt pockets I've made in probably 20 years. They need a little improvement but overall, they are nice. I don't think he'll ever use them but they do look nice. I'd like to think it looks a little Ralph Lauren.
I know I've said it before but it's a good thing (for my pocketbook) that I don't have kids:)
Here are a few photos of the jacket.
Ok, the plaid doesn't match up. Darn it. Hope the little boy doesn't notice;)
Back view of the jacket.
Fortunately he'll be wearing so I don't see the plaid issue. Argh! Plaid...
Next come the PJs that I started last year. The plan was to have them done for Christmas last year. Maybe it will happen that I finish them this year:)