Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Projects of the Year

Knitting
Plymouth Yarn Company- Llama Cotton Grande 1570
 Photo from Plymouth Yarn.com  http://www.plymouthyarn.com/index.php?nav=cYarn.yarnDetail&yarnid=001035&searchcollection=000005&pattern_id=002125#pattern-tab
Changes to this pattern- it has significant swing to it so I'm not doing the increases.  Also, it measures 42" which is way too much ease for me.  I will be altering the back to narrow it but will need more of the ease  through the front.

Made with Cascade 128 Superwash Chunky in Amethyst Heather

Sewing

Vogue 8634 Cowl-neck top in the long-sleeved version in a lovely turquoise jersey knit
Photo from Voguepatterns.mccall.com

I have read that this top needs a bigger cowl.  I'll keep you informed regarding this alteration.

As most of you know, I'm in a fabric fast.  Problem is, I don't have a warm long coat.  So, the plan will be this summer to make a coat for next year and buy the fabric when it goes on sale.  Does that count?  Hopefully the stash will be almost depleted and the business with be busy, necessitating more fabric to purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment