Friday, March 5, 2010

Burda Magazine Hoodie 12/2009-120

I just finished another BWOF magazine garment.  Don't you just love when things go together just right?!  I love Burda Magazine for that reason alone.  Now, don't get me started on the destructions (instructions).

Photos courtesy
This is a hoodie that has been made by others several times and now I see why.

It's pretty straight forward but the instructions are terrible.  The pattern tells you to make a front facing piece but never refers to it again.  There is already a facing piece so what's up with that?  Also, the placket details are *poof* missing.  So, here's my rendition.  I didn't like the look of buttons on this french terry fabric but needed the coverage as you can see from the photo on the right.  

So, in order to solve this dilemma, I added a button to the inside of the placket.  The buttonhole is on the inside and it buttons backwards.  This way it doesn't show when it's closed.

Annette came up with the idea of contrasting bias tape- love it and quickly bogarted it for mine too.

After cleaning the house and taking a long run with my trusty friend, I took the picture of it full length.  No face here- I'll spare you this time.  It's over exposed to show more detail.  The french terry is a nice weight for transitional times so I'm glad I made it from this.  Also, FYI, I used the coverstitch to hem the sleeves and bottom of the hoodie (is this a word since my spell-check doesn't like it...).  Chloe appears ready for another run- silly dog:)

1 comment:

  1. Your hoodie looks terrific. I like the reverse button application idea, very clever.