Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ripping Apart the Shirt

I've guiltily Sharpey'd up my husband's shirt.  To remember what it looked like, I took pictures.  Let's see if I remember how to put this together when I rip it apart.

Under collar, neck and yoke view.  I'm deciding whether to make the collar stay inserts.
 This is the right side where the buttons are attached.


This marks the pleat and where the sleeve matches up with the yoke.


Placket top (kind of self-explanatory)


Pleat and cuff assembly.


This shows the placket on top and underneath with the cuff detail.  (I don't like the look of the cuff- yuck)


Left side fold for buttonhole placement.

The shoulder seams are wide so I may ultimately use a pattern if after ripping this apart and finding it to be unadjustable easily.  Sure, I can make it this way since he's used to this but since it's supposed to fit right, I'm sneaking in some fitting;)  Don't tell.

Speaking of not telling.  I've officially stopped the Wardrobe Contest.  Only because Lance needs some new shirts and I want to make that zebra print trench coat.  Call me a quitter but that's what I'm going to do.  I do have other items cut out so all may not be lost- we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment