Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another Knitting Project

I've been thinking about another project to start knitting and finally decided on Rowan's Kidsilk Aura sweater called Shaylee.  (Yes, I know, it's going to be summer but when I travel it's easier to take knitting to pass the time.)

I really like the patterns Rowan publishes and this is no exception.  It's rated as easy so what's not to love?


This is the Shaylee pattern as knitted in the Kidsilk Aura.  I find it way too scratchy so I've decided to knit it out of Shibuiknits yarn Silk Cloud.  


Photo courtesy Shibuiknits.com

Colorway: Wasabi

Silk cloud link.  It's 60% Mohair and 40% Silk- yeah, I know, it's still going to have a high itch factor but being that it will always be worn as a cardigan I'm hoping not to crawl out of it too quickly.  I saw a similar yarn at my LYS but they didn't have enough in the same dye lot and couldn't order it for me so I found it at Yarn.com.  

It's a little bright but I think with some gray pants for the fall and a crisp white shirt it will look fantastic.  Add a little black and silver jewelry or a different belt and it will really pop, in a good way.  (I hope:)  I was tired of the same purples and blues I've been knitting and really, I've got a lot of black and white sweaters.  This will force me to add a little (or a lot of) color to my wardrobe.

While I was at it, I couldn't help myself and ordered some of the Baby Alpaca DK weight in Peony.  The baby Alpaca isn't as scratchy to me and can be worn closer to the skin.  


 Photo courtesy Shibuiknits.com

I plan to use it in a pullover from the same Rowan brochure.  Funny, it's similar in color...  I like to wear my pullovers with a shirt or turtleneck underneath so the neckline won't be a problem.  Do you think I can knit it in the round?  I'm thinking on that subject.  The pattern does call for a worsted weight but I'll just size up the needle to get the gauge, it will lighten up the sweater a bit or I'll keep the same needle gauge and knit it up a size.  Still considering this- what do you think? 

Honestly, I sure hope it won't itch...

No comments:

Post a Comment