I'm embellishing the facing piece with metallic thread embroidery, sequins and beads. The silk is a little dark but since the weddings are in the evening it will look classy. (Keeping my fingers crossed)
My concern with the pattern is I don't like A-lines on me. Probably because I'm short and feel like I'm about to float away. So, the muslin will help me work out the FBA, armhole (armcye) and A-line shape.
So, plan of attack:
- Measure the pattern pieces
- Perform a FBA by the slash and spread method
- Muslin this up and start making changes
- Cut into the silk and make up lining pieces
- Send the facing piece over to my mom to have it embroidered
- Sequins, beads, sequins, beads...