Monday, May 31, 2010

Storyboard Part 3

I'm having a tough time figuring out a topper as well as free choice item for PR's Wardrobe Contest this year.  This is a picture of the latest and greatest storyboard.
(click to make larger)

The Burda shirt dress is back.  I found a lightweight denim that should work.  Depending on how large it is, I may choose to add darts in the back to make it more fitted.

See that cute little sleeveless thing on the upper left?  How would you like to shell out $278 clams for that one?  Granted, it's adorable, IMHO and silk but I draw the line at $100 for a sleeveless silk blouse from a mass marketed store.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that store but right now I need to be more frugal.  Here's a close-up.
This will be my inspiration for a cute floral top.  I found a nice border print floral today and will use that for the blouse.  Simple bias tubes adorn the front and flowers are on the right shoulder- they don't look that hard.  I will need to add a facing piece on the left shoulder unless the strips are carried to the should seam- thinking on that one.  The top will cost me about $10 but alas, it's not silk but rather cotton.  

Tomorrow the cutting and sewing begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment