Sunday, May 31, 2009

Finishing Projects



Alright, before I start on the frog, I need to finish a penafore for a friend's child. My mother has an embroidery machine and got this design from Smartneedle.com. It is a dragonfly with wings that lift from the dress.


Can you say too cute? This makes me want to sew more fun stuff like this.

I learned how to use my ruffler foot and see a few issues with it.

The next time I use it, I'll have the issues worked out. I used a stretch lightweight denim from Joann fabrics and quilting fabric for the binding and ruffle. I wanted to make this summery enough that she could wear it without a blouse under it but as the cooler months approached, her mother would have the option to put a t-shirt or shirt underneath. No real facings to eliminate the bulk. Both of these photos are different views of the binding and mock facings.





All seams are serged and finished.

I decided to do the double button that was suggested by my mom (thanks) and I've seen done a few times. It turned out to be a cute flower. Now I hope it fits and isn't too big for the little girl:) As Goldilocks said, "It's just right."




1 comment:

  1. Are these applique embroidery designs or did you do them by hand? Where did you get the pattern from? I think this would make a great baby shower gift, especially if you want to personalize it.

    ReplyDelete