Thursday, May 7, 2009

What got in the way of finishing the dress

Someone had a baby so I felt compelled to make something... Yep, I stopped another outfit and it immediately became an UFO. (Sigh) Well, I did manage to finish a self-designed quilt for the wee one. These are mid process. I used a print from Michael Miller as the inspiration and quilted with cotton batting. It sewed like a dream and ended up being a nice light weight but definitely useable.
This is the top and turned back backing. Really, the colors blend nicely.


A close-up of the fabrics and border.



This is the laid out quilt prior to finishing and quilting.


A green and tan border with the paisley background: a little fuchsia for the little girl.
More pics of the finished product.






I used a triple stitch to attach the border fabric.





For a little whimsey, I roughly outlined the flowers on each corner- each is different.



1 comment:

  1. What an adorable quilt and such a lucky baby (and mommy) to have you as a friend.

    Missed you yesterday, see you next time.

    ReplyDelete