Monday, December 7, 2009

BWOF update and other stuff

I have made my muslin for the dress, fashion fabric single layer and then it was ripped out.  The single layer was too lightweight for the top and continued to roll outward at the neckline.  I decided to take the fashion fabric and self-line the front bodice.

I will post pictures when I get them taken.

The neckline has a deep-v and to prevent gaposis, I used clear elastic applied with my serger and then flipped the lining to the inside.  From there I topstitched it down.  The instructions call for interfacing the hem and topstitching it in place.  I am considering other options for finishing this area.

The skirt portion is fitted, as I knew it would be but, I don't flaunt well.  So, I added 1/4" to both side seams to make the skirt hang more.

Adjustments made: slight round back, broad back, sway back. (lots of back adjustments so this tells me I must be getting old;)  Petite upper bodice and shorten the skirt by 1.5".  The sleeves are going to be the same length.

Tonight I finish it- hopefully.  More pictures as I progress.

Other stuff:
I am so happy, many people have found me from my other blog to have dental care completed through me.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me to know that people would make the trek out to see me for their care.  I am so thankful for all the fantastic people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment