I won't summarize my sewing accomplishments or lack thereof but will make a few resolutions for the following year.
1. I resolve to tell people who make a difference in my life how they are important to me. Give more compliments or praise where it is due.
2. I resolve to make a plan for my sewing- sort the stash, muslin what's new and make more clothes that are wearable with my other clothes.
3. Work out harder and become stronger- inside and out.
4. Change my hair to something fresh and new.
5. Learn a new technique for doing something new or old both in my personal and professional lives at least once a month.
Back to sewing...
The muslin for the Ottobre coat is done. I'm glad I did it because now I know the skirt is very a-line and I do like the thought of pockets. I had once thought I'd insert pockets in the side seams but that seems too far back on this pattern. Appropriate placement for me is right where they put them. Although, I don't like the patch pockets which are designated for this coat. Now off to learn a new technique and how to place some inconspicuous welt pockets in the front.
The coat will have an interlining of muslin to reinforce the back and front. I'm still deciding on the interlining of cotton flannel.