Monday, September 14, 2009

BWOF Double Knit Skirt

Burda Skirt 1/09- 111
Here are photos of the waistband on this skirt.  I elected to sew down the pleats since I plan on wearing this with tops that are untucked and didn't want the extra bulk.

This photo shows how the waistband is attached after the pleats are formed.  Basically, you stop at the pleated section when adding the waistband.



Then, you take the pleated section and pull it through the opening at the waistband.


Edgestitch the waistband at the top. You'll see I opted to stitch the pleats down. The instructions have you stitch it underside so it's only partially closed at the fold-down sections of the side pleats (do I sound like Burda instructions?).


Fold over the waistband and here's what you have. I stitched in the ditch to attach the waistband to the skirt. Easy as pie:)



I made the skirt shorter to make me look taller... that's what happens right? Short skirt, long legs or has someone been lying to me???

No comments:

Post a Comment