Monday, September 7, 2009

Tracking the Progress on the PR Wardrobe

To track my progress I have decided to make a checklist:
Prepare the fabric
Pick out the patterns
Assemble the supplies
Trace the patterns
Cut each top 1/2/3/4/5
Cut each bottom 1/2/3/4
Cut out the topper
Sew each piece found above- Top 1/2/3/4/5
Sew each piece found above- Bottom 1/2/3/4
Sew topper
Post a review of each

I didn't include the muslins... so, I'm making the topper and the pants muslin today (check). I started a WIP review but it's private right now because it's essentially empty.

As you may know, I will be taking some time off of work while I reassess what I'm going to be doing professionally. My options are: 1. Work for someone else, 2. Go full-time at the school, 3. Buy-out someone else; or, 4. Start my own.

In the meantime, I plan to keep teaching and locum tenum (sub) for other doctors to keep the cash coming in. Not being a big fan of not having money in the bank, I may not really have much time to finish my summer to-do list.

Summer To-Do List:
Take tennis lessons (they were a gift from Christmas)
Volunteer my 40 hrs at Wayside Waifs (animal shelter)
Finish my Junior League requirements
Make my zebra print jacket
Organize my sewing space
Organize my basement
Finished all my UFOs
Take continuing education to fulfill my requirements for the year

I've started a lot of them but finished none of them. I guess I'm one of those people who likes to have action around them. Although, I do feel like this last week has been super productive (i.e.- quit my job, traced and cut out a lot of the wardrobe, lost a few pounds, etc).

Anyone good at picking out colors? If I go it alone and build my office I'm going to need some help. Not everyone has the minimalist taste I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment