Saturday, September 12, 2009

Progress as of today 9/12/09

PR Wardrobe Contest Checklist:
Prepare the fabric
Pick out the patterns
Assemble the supplies
Trace the patterns
Cut each top 1/2/3/4/5
Cut each bottom 1/2/3/4
Cut out the topper
Sew each piece found above- Top 1/2/3/4/5
Sew each piece found above- Bottom 1/2/3/4
Sew topper
Post a review of each

I've muslined all of the new patterns and cut them out. The supplies have been assembled, interfacing washed, bags readied and machines loaded with thread. What takes me the longest time is to cut each item out. I feel really good about the progress and knowing I have 3 items to cut out makes it much more doable. Did I mention all the linings are cut for their corresponding garments? This is a HUGE undertaking... How have all these people finished?

I'm holding off on the last few items to cut out, mainly because I'm not sure about the last top. Time to start sewing and get me away from the cutting table. Maybe this way I can start wearing some of these items. (Maybe)

Other than sewing, my husband reminded me that I have 12 more working days left at my current location. This is kind of weird for me- surreal. Another reason to hurry on the sewing is I'm really optimistic that I won't be unemployed for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment